Friday 18 January 2013

Skip Vance - an appeal from one of our blog followers

I’m writing you this evening to ask for your help. Specifically, I’m asking you to help Skip Vance. As you may be aware, Skip has been fighting the effects of Crohns disease for some time and particularly over the past couple of months. For those of you that don’t know, Crohns can be a very painful and debilitating disease. After a long stay in the hospital in December and surgery, Skip returned home with Christian to recover. Unfortunately, Skip’s condition took a turn for the worse and he has returned to the hospital for yet another surgery. We hope this is his last trip to the hospital, his last surgery and that Skip can focus on his recovery. But what has become evident is that Skip’s recovery is going to take a lot longer than previously expected. I’ve been in contact with Skip and Christian, and considering what they have been through it’s remarkable to see how determined they are to get back to living their lives together. Skip’s health is one mountain to climb, but unfortunately so is the mountain of hospital bills which will only get larger with today’s surgery. The total value of these bills is well over $100,000. I can’t imagine being faced with such a financial burden, so I’m reaching out to all wrestling fans for help. Why am I writing you? While Skip and Christian have asked for help previously, they are also very proud young men and quite frankly considering what they’re going through right now, the last thing they should be focusing on is writing requests for help. Therefore, I’m doing it for them. I won’t make this message lengthy, but I want everyone to know that both Skip and Christian are two fine young human beings, who work hard to support themselves and take their personal responsibilities very seriously. However, considering the size of their hospital bills, their incomes don’t even come close to paying down these liabilities. And I’d like you all to remember that while these two guys have provided us with hours of entertainment in the wrestling world, they are also human beings like the rest of us. Considering the entertainment they have provided with their wrestling, I think it’s only fair that we return that generosity by offering them some compassion and support at this difficult time. In order to facilitate donations, Skip and Christian have set up a website at http://www.gofundme.com/Saving-Skip-Vance I ask you to please consider making a donation. The way I see it is that if you can afford to buy one of Skip’s or Christian’s BG East videos, you can afford to donate something towards Skip’s recovery. And I’m not asking for everyone to make significant contributions. If every wrestling/BG East fan out there donated just $10 or $20 each, that would soon add up to a material amount. Every little bit counts, so please don’t think for a second that your assistance won’t help. The more wrestling fans we can get to support Skip and Christian, the sooner Skip can get on the road to recovery so that we can see these two back in the ring entertaining their fans. I know that times are tough for many people right now, so I’ll thank you in advance for your consideration of a donation. I’ll leave you with one lesson my mother taught me “if you are in a position to help someone in need, you should do so….not because it makes you feel good, but because it’s the right thing to do”. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment